A collection of bare feet, sex, drugs, nature, music, community, all things psychedelic, beautiful people and beautiful minds. Brothers and sisters from all walks of life.
A trip back into the communes and concerts of the 60's and 70's and a glance at the gatherings, protests, doofs and parties now and in between.
Feel free to speak your mind here. Let your freak flag fly.
Peace, Love and Harmony.
Australia has developed its own genre of outdoor dance parties, known as ‘Doofs’ or ‘Bush Doofs’ , these are generally held in a remote country area’s or just outside big cities in surrounding bush or rainforests and similar to raves or teknivals, but with a different, more empathetic atmosphere. Doofs generally have live electronic artists and DJs playing a range of electronic music, commonly Goa and psychedelic trance. “Doof doof” is an Australian term for loud electronic music centered around a heavy bass melody.
The hippie subculture is quite involved with these events. Piercings, dreadlocks and brightly colored hair are trademark dress styles within the doof community.
These parties normally Unknown to the general public, attract an alternative crowd. Open minded people who are eager to explore, learn and share.
- jessadelic reblogged this from thehippiecommune
- jonnyworld likes this
- notsoswift reblogged this from thehippiecommune
- notsoswift likes this
- madamemene likes this
- lorona likes this
- dapa-deep-liar likes this
- indigoelectrico reblogged this from thehippiecommune and added:
- thinkinfinite likes this
- dressedforthedrought reblogged this from thehippiecommune
- peacevolution likes this
- zukeroo likes this
- dylpyckle likes this
- whorhenheim likes this
- runningallover reblogged this from thehippiecommune
- thedirtybubble likes this
- dickfridge reblogged this from thehippiecommune
- vomitingturdworm likes this